Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!

Good Morning followers, newbies, and all my lovely friends! :)

I wanted to share with you today something that means a lot to me because honestly for my entire life, I have never really had anyone pushing me to get to where I am today but that didn't stop me from working towards my goals and dreams. The quote of the day today is going to be "Dreams don't work unless you do!"

This quote really puts everything into perspective.. because it very self-explanatory. You see, you will accomplish nothing until you are willing to work on accomplishing something! How many times have you dreamt about being debt free, losing 10 pounds, owning your own business, landing that dream job, or owning your own home? In order to accomplish these things, you must come up with a plan, stick with it, and eventually things will fall into place! I have worked extremely hard for the last 13 years to accomplish everything I have.

I was fourteen years old beginning my first job. It was a summer program where I would have to "work" about 6 hours Monday through Friday. I mean what kind of 14 year old wants to spend their summers working? THIS GIRL!! I came from a family that did not have a lot of money, I wasn't able to go shopping at the mall or do the fun things all my other friends were doing BUT I wanted to do those things, so I had to work for it. This mindset put me on a path I knew would take me far. I feel that if I would not have started working at such a young age, I may not be where I am today. I was focused, determined, and wanted things I didn't have at the time.


Fast forward to June of 2005, I was graduating high school... I was always told that I was to go to college, but no one in my family did so I was falling into a path where nope, I don't want to go. I didn't want to spend four years in college, it just wasn't what I was looking to do. However, something came over me and I decided to start my college career at a technical school, Bradford School in Pittsburgh. I moved away with a close friend from high school and we started our adventure as college students just 2 weeks after graduating High School!! We were eager to begin this journey. I have to say I am very thankful that I changed my mind and went to college because I became even more focused and determined. I worked about a year and a half after graduating with my Associate's degree then decided I wanted to go back to college for my Bachelor's Degree.. in January 2010, I was officially a full time student again at Robert Morris University!

Why am I telling you all of this... because these are just some of the steps I had to take to get to where I am today... Fast forward to September 2014... I am a college graduate, I landed my first official "salaried position" two weeks BEFORE I was graduating college. It was so awesome to not have to stress about if and when I would find a job because the economy wasn't doing so well during this time. I busted my behind to get to this point in my life.. I would work multiple jobs while in college just to ensure I was able to pay my bills.. Most people would have probably given up at this point. Sacrifices needed to be made... I knew it would suck at first but the outcome would be so much more rewarding than feeling that sense of regret for the rest of my life.

Facts:
I bought my first brand new car. I pay for everything I have. I worked my butt off. I paid for my own wedding, no help from family or friends. I would work multiple jobs. I have my own apartment. I put myself through college, every penny of the way. I cried a lot because of stress. I have paid off 75% of my credit card debt within the last 4 months. I am looking to purchase my first home. I NEVER GAVE UP. I am excited to see what my future holds for me.

My life may have thrown me many curveballs.. sometimes I thought how am I ever going to overcome this, but deep down... you will find that strength. It may take a lot longer sometimes but you have to focus on getting back up rather than staying knocked down. Rise above it all and you will come out on top. Because remember, Dreams Don't Work Unless YOU DO!





Please don't forget to like me on Facebook, subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram!
www.facbeook.com/maketodayyourtomorrow

If you are looking for a way to help you reach your dreams and goals, looking for someone to help keep you accountable, email me at tbbcoachsteph87@gmail.com or fill out the contact form below! I would love to chat with you about an amazing opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment