Thursday, September 25, 2014

Suck It Up! You want to see results, DO THE WORK!



Today, I am going to share something with you that I really just want to get off my chest.


Since I was a teenager, I have always been one to compare myself to other people, someone who always got picked on and never really fit in with the “cool kids”. Here’s the thing, those experiences I dealt with growing up have really had a negative impact on me mentally. I am constantly trying to fit in, seeking pity, and basically asking why me? I struggled a lot with self-confidence and feeling like I would never amount to anything in life. I lacked the motivation and support from a family, and never really had someone standing by my side saying “Yes, you can”. It’s been extremely hard for me to be successful in anything because I always gave up. I would always run and hide when things got hard because I was so afraid of putting in the effort it took to be successful. 
Today, I am slowly trying to get over these fears and struggles.. I still struggle a lot and wonder why me on some things, and why do people forget about me.. but here’s the thing. IT IS A PROCESS. Yes, I have failed at things that have left me feeling hopeless and defeated, but beginning back in June of this year, I have really started to stay focused on my goals and know to NEVER GIVE UP even when I have failed.
I am sharing this with you because I have thought of myself as a failure in some aspects. I feel like I fail my team. I have thought of myself as someone who would never amount to anything. I have thought of myself as someone who would never be good enough. But here’s the thing, those thoughts are all in the past. They are all thoughts that I KNOW I AM IN CONTROL OF. Thoughts that I know I can change. I know that I am the ONLY person who will ever be able to consider myself a failure… and you know what… I AM NOT A FAILURE!
So what if I don’t have a lot of friends, I have the people who I know I can trust and who are there to help me every step of the way in any situation life may throw my way. So what if I lacked support and encouragement growing up, I have found that those close friends and newly added family members (marriage) will stand by my side through all the ups and downs. WHO CARES if those people from middle school and high school didn't like you, DO THEY MATTER NOW? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! 
Here I stand 27 years old, I define myself as a very hard working woman. A woman who has been thrown may curve balls but is still able to overcome them. I have gained strength and courage over the last three and a half months and it has helped me realize all the potential I do have to be something amazing. I want to help people find this courage, to find the strength to overcome all those negative experiences ---- that have made them think they will never amount to anything. Believe me when I say, you are worthy. You are amazing. If anyone tells you, you cannot do whatever it is you want to do… IGNORE THEM because who are they to limit your abilities to be something special. 
Beachbody has not helped me make a HUGE PHYSICAL transformation like most people you see, but my goodness… this team, this support, this motivation, the value of this company has CHANGED ME MENTALLY in a way I could never come up with enough words to explain my gratitude. It has helped me realize that I am everything and more than I ever thought I would ever amount to. This mental transformation for me, it is something I am so beyond grateful for. I love what this company stands for, I love the core values, I just love everything this company has to offer. 
I have always cared what others thought, I have always compared myself to where others are. I have begged for pity through many situations in my life.. I am not proud of these things and I don’t want to be that person anymore. The only way you are able to be successful is if you stop making excuses, suck it up and just do the work. No one else is going to tell you how to live your life. You are the ONLY person who matters in this journey. 
It is time to stop begging for acceptance, if people don’t like you.. oh well, GET OVER IT. You won’t be liked by everyone. If you didn't reach that first goal you set, suck it up – work a little bit harder the next time. If you aren't seeing the results you want, are you really putting forth 100%? This post is not directed towards anyone BUT MYSELF. I tend to make myself a victim in quite a few situations, but the time has come and I AM DONE. Success will be mine. I will conqueror all these goals I have set for myself. 
If you are ready to stop making those excuses for yourself as well, please email me at tbbcoachsteph87@gmail.com and let’s team up and crush these goals. DO IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU ARE WORTH IT! NO MORE EXCUSES.

No comments:

Post a Comment