Thursday, August 21, 2014

Where do you want to be in 5-10years?

As I am sitting here at my day job today, randomly thinking about previous interviews I landed while trying to get that "dream job", about all the people who interviewed me, they all seemed to ask the same questions, but one in particular stood out to me..


"Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years...?"

My response may blow you away because you think to yourself, why in the world would you tell people that in an interview, but it's the truth, where do I see myself in five to ten years... My response: "I would like to own my own business".. 


The response really makes me think I may not have been the best interviewee because I was obviously saying - "Hey, in 5 to 10 years, sorry I don't want this to be my life long job, so I probably won't be around but hey you should hire me anyways." What I do remember is my old manager, from a job I had about two years ago, saying that my answers to the questions he asked were great. He also mentioned, "I don't want to hear, well I see myself sitting here doing the same thing forever, so it was great to hear you have some sort of direction in your life. I feel you'll make a great asset here in this department!"

My business is something people shake their heads at, give you dirty looks when you tell them what you do, and often times say "are you serious"? Yes as a matter of fact, I am serious... I am a health and fitness coach, I help motivate and inspire people to reach their health and fitness goals. To live a happier, healthier lifestyle, and dream as big as you could possibly imagine. We help people in every area of their lives, such as, finances, health, living with a positive mindset, time management, and the list goes on. The best part about this part-time job is I can set my own hours, I work when I want, and I don't have a boss breathing down my neck to tell me I missed a deadline in this business. While I do have a full-time office job, I am working my beach body business to the best of my ability. I am doing what I am so incredibly passionate about! I am helping others see the greatest potential I see in them.


While my business may not be the biggest and best it can be at this very moment, I know the things I do every single day are getting me one step closer to it being something completely amazing! I have learned a lot over the last few years, and the possibilities of what it can become are endless! I have never really let anyone alter my choices in life, while I have made some dumb decisions, I have always managed to get myself back on track. And of all the qualities that I have, I think this is the best one.

The things I have learned over the last couple years, which I never realized I was doing it until this past weekend is having a sense of "Tunnel Vision." Focusing on my goals, what I need to do to reach them, and blocking out people's opinions. I feel that if I would have stayed in the small town where I went to high school, I never would have been as successful as I am today.


What are your dreams? Are the things you do everyday getting to where you hope to be? If you are unhappy with the way your life is panning out, do something to change it. Only you are in control of your happiness. 

If you would like to know more about the amazing opportunity I have been blessed with, please feel free to comment below. I would love to share this amazing experience with you. It has changed my life for the better!



I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot. Together, we can do great things.
-Mother Teresa




Need some daily motivation: 
Facebook: Make Today Your Tomorrow
Instagram: @maketodayyourtomorrow
Email: tbbcoachsteph87@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment